Sunday 27 June 2010

Doodle-didoo

Against all appearances to the contrary I am not dead, or on holidays with no internet, and no, I haven’t given up on the 23 Things. I have only been extremely busy the last three weeks, but now I well intend to catch up with all that I missed!

Now for the doodle meeting. I had had opportunities to answer doodle polls before, so was not new to the concept, but I had never organized an event myself. Now this is definitely something I might adopt on a regular basis. Organizing a meeting via doodle is extremely simple and quick, and is a definite better than sending emails back and forth between various participants. The big plus side is that one doesn’t need to register. To modify the poll is also very easy.

When all the questions of space, time, matter and the nature of being have been resolved thanks to a little poll, only one question remains: Will there be biscuits at the meeting? To make sure that the coffee discussion over the 23 things would prove attractive I even set up another doodle poll:

The only thing which I would like to have is the opportunity to give more subtle answers that OK/NO. Something along the lines of YES, PERFECT / NO WAY I CAN DO IT, NO, EVEN IF THERE ARE COOKIES / WELL, YES I CAN, BUT THE COOKIES HAVE BETTER TO BE GOOD BECAUSE IT’S REALLY, REALLY NOT CONVENIENT AT ALL. Or something along these lines. Apparently Doodle allows you to do that already, according to the blog Musings about Librarianship, but I could not find the option. I would be very grateful to whoever would tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment